Quality Assurance and Quality Process programs
Commitment to quality and client satisfaction is the key factors for success of any organization. Macrosoft's believes in high-quality deliverables through its "Quality Assurance" and "Quality Process" programs.
There has been a major cost-cutting in software development practice across the globe and unfortunately, "testing" efforts, often termed as "overheads", have been cut the most to reduce the costs. Macrosoft's has always given due importance to testing. Our quality team brings a solid commitment to its wide customer base to ensure high degree of quality output. Our QA team has a well-defined "Quality Management System" on the lines of the Capability Maturity Model (CMM).
These processes are specifically designed for both onsite and offsite support, including offshore. Macrosoft's, through its regular auditing process, ensures that such processes are strictly adhered to during the course of the SDLC. At the same time, we Macrosoft'side out customers ready online access to the QA system to track the quality status of the project throughout the SDLC.
Our SQA Department
Macrosoft Pakistan has a well established SQA Department; we have a team of expert Software Quality Assurance resources that are experienced in Manual and Automation Testing, we have well defined SQA Processes that our Quality Engineer practice, our Quality Engineers are certified and expert in all phases of testing including integration testing, regression testing, black/white box testing, environment testing, performance testing, stress testing, localization testing and user acceptance testing. We have the vast amount of experience in many industries including but not limited to Investments, Financials, Telecommunication, Printing, Healthcare and Insurance, Manufacturing, Logistics, IPhone and Andriod Mobile Application Testing.
Some of the services we Macrosoft'side are
- Formal Requirement Analysis and documentation
- Test Planning and Procedure Development along with Reporting
- Test Execution and automation (planned or ad hoc) using manual process or various automated test scripts and Suites.
- Load/Regression, Security, Localization, Usability, Integration, System, Performance and Acceptance Testing
- Risk Analysis
- Process Review
- Software Configuration Management
- Staffing Assistance and training
- Testing of Web-based, Client-Server, Palm/handheld mobile devices, Desktop applications under any platform.
- Documentation - Product Documents (User Manuals, Installation and Administration Guides.
Macrosoft's has Domain Expertise in the following areas of Software Testing:
- Desktop Publishing Applications
- Printing and Fulfillment Applications
- Travel and Booking Applications
- Enterprise Infrastructure Applications
- E-Commerce Applications
- Marketing and Sales Applications
- Healthcare and Insurance Applications
- Finance Applications
- Manufacturing Applications
- ERP Applications
- IPhone Mobile Applications
- Andriod Mobile Applications
- Windows Mobile Applications
- Miscellaneous Desktop services/software's
Our Testing Processes
- A Typical Functional Testing Process has the following activities:
- Understanding and Reviewing Software Requirement Specifications
- Creating Software Test Plan and Software Quality Assurance Plan.
- Creating detailed Test Cases, Scenario Matrix.
- Creating Test Data
- Setting up Test environment
- Creating and Deploying builds
- Executing Test Plans and Test Cases
- Managing Defects
- Analyzing Results
A Typical Automation testing Process involves the following activities:
- Defining Test Framework
- Creating Test harness
- Creating Test scripts and test data
- Defining reporting mechanism/system for test runs.
- Carrying out test runs in different environments
- Analyzing the Results.
Our Testing Methodology
Quality Assurance and Quality Test Plans are prepared at the early phases of a project/product. These plans outline all the activities to be performed to meet the quality objectives from the client's perspective. Generally it is test lead's responsibility to ensure that all quality system procedures/standards applicable to the project/product are followed, and that all the tests and reviews are conducted in a planned manner. Routine audits are carried out at various check-points to evaluate the progress and quality standards.
During and especially at the end of each project, we measure the overall quality in terms of:
- Number of reviews and inspections conducted
- Number of errors detected and phase of detection
- Number of customer complaints
- Number of NCs (Non Conformances) reported during audit
- Review Effort
- Defect Detection Efficiency
- Defect Removal Efficiency
- In-process defect density
Microsoft’s QA/Testing team has expertise in adopting/embracing the latest Automation tools available in the industry for testing Many of our QA analysts are experienced in the major automation tools such as HP Load Runner, Quick Test Professional, Test Director, JUnit, Rational Robot, WAPT and many others. We actively use web versions of PVCS Tracker, Bug Studio and Test Director for issue Tracking. Such industrial strength software's eliminate repetitive and costly software testing and hence give us a better competitive edge.